Today I am a giraffe

Having spent most of the day in bed with a book about owls and diabetes by Sedaris, I got up to smoke. I looked at my phone and somehow ended up watching a kid no more than four years old applying makeup to her face and immediately wanted to go back to reading.

The day started, depressingly enough, with a hangover. We had company and a fire last night, and it was good. But, as always, drinking too much the night before steals tomorrow's happiness, so there I have it. While having coffee, I was making a list of things I dreaded doing, like taking out the garbage and seeing previous garbage bags torn up by the neighborhood stray. I did take out the garbage after washing dishes, figuring that it was a small achievement to actively chase some depression away, and left the strewn garbage where it is. I'll deal with it tomorrow, when the goddamned rains hopefully stop.

I took a shower, hoping it'll make me feel a bit better, and, that having failed, put on a giraffe onesie. I ordered some food and went out wearing the onesie, carefully not meeting the delivery guy's eyes. I ate the food in bed, went back to reading, and will hope I gain more happiness tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sketch: "Eye Contact" in Shawn Wong's American Knees

Mental disorders: Thoughts on a whatever something or other

Memory